Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Mommy, Where Do Gays Come From?"

My need to analyze and comment on all things queer has diminished, and that is partly why this blog is sadly dying. But here goes:

I was with young children when they popped in the movie Stick It (bad title, I know). I thought it would be boring, but the main character, played by Missy Peregrym, was a fuckin' dreamboat: rebellious, funny, tomboyish, athletic. I wanted to vocalize my lust repeatedly, but I didn't want to be "inappropriate."

Is it wrong or right to bring up gayness to other peoples' kids? I have no idea if their parents are uptight or not, but the kids will encounter more gayness as time goes on. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to casually bring it up like it's no big deal. But if a parent is paying someone to watch their kids, does a caretaker have the right to make moral judgements that may challenge the parent's authority?

2 comments:

Eve said...

I wouldn't bring up my sexy thoughts about either gender in front of young kids. "S/he's really cute/beautiful/whatever" is innocuous.

Your blog's not dying, I just linked you.

SPAZ TALK RADIO said...

you have the right to say whatever you please. but morally it may not be "fair" to open that sort of pandora's box and leave it to the parents 2 explain.

check out my queercast @ www.spaztalkradio.blogspot.com