Monday, September 15, 2008

Taste the Rainbow

(I'm well aware of how lame the title of this post is).

I appear have made a new dorky, giggly friend. She's 100% gay. I think she's even a Gold Star. No, I don't secretly want to get in her pants (even if she is adorable).

I just don't have any fully gay friends; they're all bi and mostly waiting to pounce on the right girl--if she ever comes along.

Yes, yes, I know I sound like some dumbass scientist. It's not like she's the last panda in the zoo. But monosexuals kinda fascinate me on some level. And to know a queer monosexual could give me some different perspectives.

I know that when you get to the core of things, relationships have pretty much the same issues and complications regardless of gender. And there's more to a person than their orientation. But still. I'm like an admissions officer at a liberal arts university: I like diversity.

No comments: