Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm Looking Through You

So I was getting trashed with a friend, and we were exchanging jealousies. She was jealous of how hot my ex is; I was jealous that she recently made out with a girl. She's straight, so instead of welcoming her to the obnoxious world of bi-curiosity, I was a bitch and told her to stay in Het Town.

THEN she informed me that this girl she kissed was about to get married. My jealousy immediately turned into pride: any girl who can make out with a bride deserves mad props. I then proceeded to hug her.

We briefly strolled through the city holding hands. She asserted that if we were a couple, she would be the domme. She was wearing a sundress and prancing as she said this. Although she was kind of right.

She told me my personality gives off more gay vibes. I agree, but we analyzed the statement further. How can one have a gay personality? She said it was partly intangible, but I have a toughness about me that says dyke. In spite of the fact that I'm small, spiders make me scream, pets and babies make me fawn, and I need a regular dosage of girl-drama...there's truth to her observation.

What would one say if I mentioned how I got a lump in my throat when Xena ended?

Why can't straight girl be tough? Or can she? Does she have to be more subtle about her strength?

2 comments:

Eve said...

A lot of straight female gender identity is based on making males feel (incorrectly) that they're useful and necessary, usually as protectors; toughness subverts that.

However, this also comes into play in gay relationships, with one person usually more protective/stable/"tough", even if there's no overt BDSM or parent vibe. Most people of both genders I've been with have been fairly tough and so am I, and it's never been a thing, so I think your prancy friend doesn't know what she's talking about.

ShaneMo said...

The three of us should hang together. There can even be prancing.