Monday, June 23, 2008

XX?

Being medically examined by a ridiculously pretty and overdressed woman only a few years older than you are is...nerveracking. She was trying to do her job; I was trying to not to seem lame. I felt like I was in high school again.

I wasn't even personally attracted to her. She was just so easy on the eyes and dolled up that I had to let my mind wander the second that I noticed her fingernails were short. I temproarily discarded the fact that they're probably short because of her line of work.

I usually don't feel this way around females who seem so obviously dick-crazy. A part of me wanted to blurt out, Honey, dick ain't everything. But why should I want to convert her? Maybe because I feel like she's another species who barely looks like a real person with thoughts. Although she did manage to provide me with a useful diagnosis. So I'm clearly being biased.

I've had to watch more reality TV than I'd like (yes, have to--don't ask). I've seen a few episodes of Made. The premise of the show is that some adolescent gets a coach to make them change a part of themselves that they don't like. Both episodes had boyish or nerdy girls wanting to be more femmy and fashionable. There's nothing wrong with this, and they definitely could use a few pointers.

But one of the girls was super cute (athough she was a slob who spits--gross). I was feeling annoyed that they were changing her. Girls who look cute in hoodies shouldn't feel they need to change so dramatically. Especially if their coaches are gross, boring-looking women who exude...blonde-ness and unoriginality.

I know I'm probably reading too much into this, but singular modes of female expression get on my nerves sometimes. Originality isn't everything, but neither is being told how to present yourself.

2 comments:

Queers United said...

its normal to be attracted or in an awkward semi-attracted position with someone who is your doctor. they are being personal with you.

ShaneMo said...

i s'pose you're right.