Friday, October 31, 2008

Paradox

The universe keeps throwing tall, lean, muscular guys that I can joyously shoot the shit with for hours. It's a curse in a way...

I've sorta mentioned this before, but I'm very attracted to men who are drop dead brilliant, but I don't have this requirement for women. Furthermore, I'm more attracted to men who are skeptics who question and try to rise above societal norms. With a girl, I just want to laugh, have analytical conversations, and ride with awesome chemistry.

So I want a somewhat "normal" girl and a somewhat "rebellious" guy. And being with men is considered "normal," while being with women is "rebellious."

But my types often get too skeptical, and it gets to be a burden to listen to them bitch about our fucked up world for hours on end. But this new guy seemed to be a sincere person with a good heart, so I gladly played therapist as I have often done for people.

I was supposed to hang out with him tomorrow. I wanted to cancel our plans and cancel him in general. I called him up, stated my grievances, and yelled at him for 20 minutes. He calmly addressed what my issues were.

And then we had a fun little three hour-long conversation that we both struggled to stop. Oh, and we're haning out tomorrow. Oh, and he doesn't like super girly girls.

I'm fucked.

No comments: