Friday, January 16, 2009

Through you

My goodness. Last night I had one of those amazing nights that I will probably remember for the rest of my life. It makes me feel so grateful. I forgot how much I love getting to know people, even if I'm a grouchy introvert.

I wish I didn't need to sleep. There's too much art and love to absorb.

I've found that interacting with people is so much more enjoyable when you change your expectations of them. I used to say "lower your expectations," but that has a negative connotation.

When you selfishly stop expecting them to scratch some itch and allow them to be who they are (the essence of all queerness), then it's great to not only be pleasantly surprised, but to actually see someone in a more objective, selfless light. And that can be a lovely experience.

No comments: