Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stuff

  • What's with lesbians being vegetarians? Why am I more likely to be in the gay part of the city when I'm at a vegetarian/vegan restaurant? Why am I more likely to see a gay person at Whole Foods? And I don't want anyone comparing the male genitalia to meat.
  • I feel like people inaccurately interchange the labels "androgynous" and "butch." There's a difference. Androgyny is the combination of masculine and feminine features; butchness is leaning towards the exclusively masculine end of the spectrum. The former is gray; the latter is black/white.
  • I'm addicted to American Eagle's boybriefs. They're so cute and/or hot! I'm sure you needed to know this.

2 comments:

Indi said...

Hi Shanemo..I'm not straight n sometimes I think or convince myself I'm gay. But why do we give ourselves labels? Should we not be proud of who we are not what we are? My all time fav progrmme's The L word n I model myself on Shane... Shall be back to view your ass ickin blog xx

ShaneMo said...

I see your point about lables. I have a love/hate relationship with them because they are limiting, but they also help us communicate. And I wanted to clarify a distinction.

I agree we should be proud of whatever we are.

Thanks for commenting.