Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Smack My Bitch Up

So the new boy and I were talking about the ways in which gays have it easier than straights. He said he was jealous of gay men because they can hit on each other in ways that would be offensive to a woman.

And he said that there's a stronger sense of community for queers. I told him that wasn't always true; gay people be just as catty and mean to their own kind as any other minority.

Then the conversation went something like this:

Him: But I feel bad for lesbians; they can't really fuck.
Me: Huh?
Him: Well, you know...unless they have a toy.
Me: That's a very heteronormative statement to make.
Him: Well can you say that sex would be the same if a guy never enters the girl?
Me: Well, no. But if that's what I wanted, then I would go to a guy. That's what guys are for.
Him: Okay, but there's a higher degree of intimacy.
Me: There are lesbians who do not like penetration at all.
Him: REALLY? Wow, I'm really learning here.

He had no frame of reference; the thought of a woman not wanting to have a penis in her vagina was so foreign to him. Silly boy.

2 comments:

♀ L's brain ♀ said...

silly indeed. No offense intended.

ShaneMo said...

Hah, no offense taken. He's just a straight boy.