Thursday, November 15, 2007

Nip/Fuck

I felt unsure about this season after watching this week's episode of Nip/Tuck. It felt like there was too much obscenity for obscenity's sake. I love it when shows willingly push the envelope and get raw and graphic. But there has to be a purpose to it, and I feel like that was lacking in this past episode. Perhaps it was a transitional episode. Or maybe I'm in Six Feet Under mode and have more of an appreciation for subtety at the moment.


Anyways, here are my comments:

-Julia is not a very convincing lesbian. Are they making her appear unconvincing on purpose? I like how she played Christian, but she and Olivia look weird together. They look like they could be sisters, and it's like a blonde overload.

-I still think Julia is bisexual at most. I also think she's a pseudo-bisexual who is running from her issues with men by being with a woman.

-Why is Sean acting like a 15 year old boy? Why is he so attracted to Eden? She's an ugly, airheaded cunt. The fact that she called Annie fat made me sick. The fact that Sean, a middle-aged man, turned to gawk at Eden in the middle of a conversation with his daughter
didn't sit well with me either. And Eden's concept of maintaining her "virginity" was so fucking obnoxious.

-Why are Sean and Christian so in love with Julia? What's so great about her?

-It would be interesting to see Julia and Christian try to be a couple. I don't know if it'd work though.

-Yaay, Matt and Kimber are drug addicts with a baby. Way to show character growth.

-Where the hell was Wilbur? You know, Christian's adopted son?


-Why is Christian pursuing a career as a gigolo?


I guess I was expecting the characters to grow a little. Maybe I shouldn't expect that. Maybe part of this season is about corruption and being out of control.

No comments: