Sunday, November 18, 2007

Shameless Self Indulgence

I'm an amalgam of the following television show characters:
  • Darlene Connor from Roseanne (dry, sarcastic, vegetarian)
  • Adrian Monk from Monk (I have a handful phobias, some of which are rational, and some of which are not)
  • Brenda Chenowith from Six Feet Under (painfully intellectual)
  • Claire Fisher from Six Feet Under (constantly searching beneath the surface for more meaning via art)
  • David Fisher from Six Feet Under (struggles with accepting his gayness)
  • Luke Danes from Gilmore Girls (no, I don't wear flannel and a backwards baseball cap, but I have a grouchy layer that covers a softer one)

As for The L Word, I honestly identify with bits of Bette, Shane, Alice, Dana, and even Jenny the Cunt From Hell. I love it when I can be a hilarious bitch like Bette; I can be emotionally counterproductive like Shane; I'm more emotionally attracted to girls like Alice; I can be a dorky jock like Dana; and I can get lost in myself and in writing like Jenny.

No comments: