Saturday, August 11, 2007

"And when it feels this way I really am with you."

  • I still have to remember that I'm bi. It's kind of strange. I'll have a thought about girls, and then a few hours later, I'll have a thought about boys. I'll feel confused, and then I'll remind myself of the explanation: Hellooo! You're bi! Duh! Please hurry up and get over yourself. It still feels like a conclusion that I arrived at recently even though all the evidence from my pubescent years onwards would suggest that another ginormous DUH is in order.
  • I was thinking about the friend I'm currently closest to. In some ways it's reassuring to have an attractive close friend with whom there is no sexual tension (she's bi too). I noticed that this doesn't happen to me very often. Is that a casualty of being bi with diverse tastes? Maybe.
  • On a related note, Project Re-Friend Ex is going pretty well. It's moving at a slow pace, but we're being really nice to each other. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think he was the prettiest boy ever, but it really is all very platonic. It feels good to let go of the anger and to hold onto the respect we have for each other. Respect is rare. I was even thinking that his girlfriend seems like a cool person, and I could see myself befriending her (and I'm not attracted to her either! Woohoo!). I don't have any plans to, but it's refreshing to feel amiable towards her. I don't have experiences like this often, so it's noteworthy.
  • I was having a bit of girl talk (aka boy talk) with my cousin, and I was so close to coming out to her since she's cool and can keep a secret. But I held my tongue. Argh! And for some reason I feel like coming out isn't as big of a deal if you're bi because if you're being straight, you're not being entirely dishonest.

2 comments:

tomatita said...

I have a friend who doesn't create to himself that anybody could be considered bisexual(although he is homosexual).And he always ask me, but you are lesbian?And I never know what to answer.
Sometimes it seems to me that I live in the middle of no place because to be defined is always complicated to explain.

Abrazos,
Eva

ShaneMo said...

Eva,

Yeah, I think that labels are just an approximation. They get a point across, but they don't tell the whole story.