Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pendulum

I'm starting to feel better. I made myself think things through clearly. I talked to some friends, I have some plans in place, and I came up with some realistic goals. Yay for coping constructively!

In light of this, I'm going to quote Kelka, two of the funniest people alive.

The Planet Podcast, Episode 411: Literary License to Kill

Elka forces KC to share her embarrassing, desperate, childhood obsession with having a pet monkey. It's super cute and amusing to hear KC blushing:

Elka: So tell them what you did.
KC: NO! It's too embarrassing for real!
Elka: Tell them about the catalogs.
KC: I really don't want to!
Elka: Do it!
KC: No, I'm serious. I don't want to. It's really embarrassing, and it shows some sort of psychotic behavior on my part.
Elka: You were a kid! Kids do odd things sometimes. Okay, I'll start.
KC: [pleading] Noo!
Elka: When KC was a little girl...
KC: I don't know if we should put this on there for real..
Elka:...she used to go through the JC Penny catalog and pick out the little outfits that she wanted to dress her pet monkey in and like circle them and mix and match the clothes...
KC: ...[reluctant] yeah...
Elka:..and make these elaborate order forms for the clothes.
KC: Well, I've always been obsessed with office supplies, so I made my own order forms. I put like size, color, item number.
Elka: Clothes from the JC Penny catalog..
KC: I was a child!
Elka: ...to dress the pet monkey up
KC: And I knew which ones would look good on a monkey and which ones would look good on a baby
Elka: [laughs]
KC: And like overalls would look great on a monkey! And some clothes, they don't make monkey sense [laughs]. Like pants with a button and a zipper. That's not right for a monkey!
Elka: You need an elastic waistband, obviously.

The thought of a child (who would grow up to be dark and sarcastic) putting her monkey fashion sense to use makes me smile.

No comments: