Friday, August 24, 2007

Uh Oh

I've been feeling very straight the past few days, and it's not triggered by some guy I like. Like...emotionally straight. In the words of parents in denial of their children's gayness, "Oh, it's just a phase." I must say I wasn't expecting it, but it is what it is. The only thing that gets me out of "perpetual phase mode" is loving someone.

I almost feel like I shouldn't even gay blog. But that's silly.

To mark this occasion, I'll share a conversation from "Six Feet Under." After some stereotypical art school girl-on-girl experiementaion, Claire discovered she's not gay, and she expressed her disappointment to her gay brother:

Claire: It's so much easier to be gay.
David: Oh no!
Claire: Yeah, I'd have a really defined subculture.
David: Overrated!
Claire: We're both women, I'd have some idea of what she was thinking and feeling.
David: Not necessarily.
Claire: I wouldn't have to deal with unfamiliar sex organs.
David: They're all unfamiliar unless they're yours.

Is anything ever easy?

No comments: