Thursday, August 16, 2007

Say What?

I'm not too big on listening to the radio; I prefer my iPod (we've been in a needy/codependent relationship for two years now). But I happened to be listening to a certain radio station that shamelessly plays all the infectious, catchy pop songs that get stuck in my head. And this woman called in and shared a story: she dumped her ex boyfriend because he wasn't nice to her, and she recently found out that he currently has a boyfriend. The radio host guy (or whatever the correct title is) was like, "Wow, you made your ex boyfriend gay!" And he kept saying it.

I don't understand the idea of "making someone gay." Just because this woman's ex boyfriend went to men right after her doesn't mean his being gay/bi was the result of their relationship. And how exactly do you make someone gay? Someone might realize that they prefer one sex over the other through experience, but it's not like a religious conversion.

The radio guy asked her how she felt about her ex liking men, and I was totally expecting her to be appalled, but she said it turned her on!

No comments: