Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Episode 510: "Lifecycle"

Opening Scene: Yaaay! They're finally doing something to acknowledge the fact that Dana is gone. I kinda wish they had done an episode like this last season.

Tina: Tina is funny when she's angry. I enjoyed watching her get irritated with Nikki and Jenny.

Shane and Molly: Molly chasing after Shane was a bit cheezy, but at least they had an honest conversation before their triumphant kiss. I was kinda surprised Shane said she didn't know if she had ever been in love. She claimed to love Cherie and Carmen. But I guess I could see how she'd be skeptical of those feelings after the fact. I doubt "Sholly" will last, but Molly is funny. Her personality is pretty similar to mine.

Tasha: Her laugh is so fucking lovable! Did they have to bring up the racial differences between Tasha and Alice? It seemed like it was dismissed, so I guess it's not a big deal. I hope Tasha finds a career she enjoys. While she deserves time to adjust and chill after being discharged from the military, it isn't healthy for her to be too consumed by being with Alice.

Jodi: If Jodi was an animal, she'd be a bird. A bird who gets the most food by virtue of her ginormous beak. They're SO trying to make her seem like the sweet, innocent victim. In the beginning she was an arrogant, child-hating commitment-phobe who liked to boss Bette around. Now she's hugging Tina. I'm with KC; I'm not falling for it.

Nikki: Why was she checking Shane out? I know that everyone checks Shane out (at least when she's clothed). But she supposedly is in love with Jenny. Although checking someone out is pretty harmless.

Nikki and Jenny: I have to admit that I love how giggly they are. But I doubt they'll last. Let's be serious here. Nikki is only 20. And she's probably bisexual. And Jenny can be pretty fickle too.

Kit: She might as well have her own cartoon short on the show.

Adele: WTF?

Alice: Alice's big mouth comes to the rescue! You know a show has run its course when its most lovable character gets annoying. Hopefully she'll get cute again in season 6.

Bette: Sigh. Poor destructive Bette. While she is a cheater, I do think she really just wants to work things out with Tina. She may have cheated on Tina, but I think Tina was even meaner back to her in season 3. And now they both just want to stop hurting each other.

This was another good episode. There was plenty of quality drama, humor, plot progression, and group dynamics.

No comments: