Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gross

I acknowledge the fact that my dignity on the blogosphere is decreasing slightly with posts like these. But Kelka's most recent podcast (508) made me feel really grossed out with male genitalia. I too did not know that the balls dropped at a certain age.

Just the thought of it makes me feel uncomfortable. Just saying or thinking "balls" grosses me out. And I don't think any word won't make me feel disgusted because the problem isn't the word; the problem is what the word signifies. It's a lose-lose situation.

I then happened to have a brief conversation about this topic with my bi friend (who told me she wants to be referred to as "Loretta" on my blog). Loretta said that, as a bisexual, I should like that part of the male anatomy.

I am going to say that I COMPLETELY disagree. I've known several straight and bi girls who also have expressed their distaste with this odd-looking part of a guy's body. I even had one very straight friend of mine tell me that she thought the wang was like a weird-looking alien that points out at you. And, as another friend pointed out, not all women like uncircumcised penises. A certain sexuality doesn't guarantee universal acceptance.

I think there's more to one's orientation than JUST liking a certain set of loins. It's also about liking "maleness" and/or "femaleness." I wish I knew how to articulate it beyond that. But I will say that one does not need to interact with a man's package in its entirety to appreciate and enjoy his "maleness." Or to be bi/straight.

Thank goodness.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha. Dignity. Whatev.

I suppose I look at it this way: if a straight man told me he was disgusted with my labia- and indeed, all labias- if he expressed to me that he thought they were gross and alien and dirty- I would kindly kick his ass on the way out my door. Now, the difference may be here that men have a history of ignoring or villifying that which makes us female since time began, and I do think that would make his ignorance all the more painful. Still, it would be hurtful for a man, it would seem, to hear that his balls disgust you, and it might be likely he wouldn't want a blowjob from someone who wouldn't throw a little love towards all areas of his anatomy. God knows I wouldn't want oral sex from that man who doesn't like the labia.

ShaneMo said...

Yeah, I see your point. I guess we all have our likes/dislikes. And, as one would expect, we all have to find compatibility when it comes to romantic and sexual relations.

I would never tell a guy that I find his man berries gross. My policy is to not to not take initiative to interact with them unless asked nicely by a guy who is capable of returning the favor well.

I think that's fair.

A blowjob can be great without keeping that part of the body involved. The wang is more important to keep happy.

Excuse me while I go hurl now.

Eve said...

This would weird me out if you weren't so easily disgusted by various other, often inanimate objects. Like dresses.

Actually, it does weird me out, because I was just thinking today how much I like scrotums and testicles. Just send me the ones you don't want, I guess!

ShaneMo said...

Ewwww!! I didn't even think of the word "scrotum" during all this. That's even worse.

I'm easily disgusted by a lot of things: high fructose corn syrup, dead animals intended for consumption, a certain maternal unit's heels.

Dresses don't disgust me; clothes that make me feel fat do.