Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Episode 511: "Lunarcycle"

Opening Scene: They re-enacted the table throwing scene! The L Word must listen to Kelka then! Since Kelka said that was their favorite scene a few years ago.

I liked watching everyone sit around and lounge at The Planet. And I also enjoyed their bickering. Why the hell was Max wearing flannel? Why can't he style it up just a bit? It was cute when when he whispered to Kit and said how he was glad to not have to put up with female moodiness anymore.

Kit: I love it when she freaks out. It's even better when she throws a table over. I happened to re-watch Jackie Brown this weekend. Pam Grier was one fine woman. She can be the epitome of cool. I wish this show didn't keep her character locked into such a small role.

Tina: Of course she starts to have some faith in Jenny's ability to direct. Right when Adele unleashes her powers. I also have to say that Sam looked damn fine while she was talking to Tina. I love her intelligent, laidback demeanor.

Adele: So she finally strikes. It was about fuckin' time. Her plot to become the director was no surprise.

Jenny: In a way, I do think Jenny deserves to be usurped. And she was stupid for not listening to Max re: Adele and for putting her faith in Nikki (a fickle 20 year old). I was starting to like her this season, but she has dome some repugnant things in the past two seasons. I'm not giggling with glee over her pain, but it does seem to be a bit karmic. However, I think in Jenny's case, experiences like these will only fuel her desire to be monstrous in the future.

Max: It was nice to see Jenny admit she was wrong to him.

Jodi: I feel a bit confused by this character. She was so cold in the beginning, and she wanted an open relationship. And now she was sobbing like a child. It was sad, and she had every right to be hurt and angry by Bette'e hypocrisy. But I'm unsure if this accurately represents her character. May Jodi is very emotionally guarded, so she likes to come across as emotionally unavailable in the beginning.

Shane: She's cute when she's stoned. I wonder if she and Jenny will hook up next episode.

Alice and Tasha: Yaay, more differences. Although they are two very different people who come from two very different backgrounds. As much as I'd like to see them, work, I have a feeling they'd be playing tug 'o war most of the time.

TiBette: I have to admit that it was nice to seem them reunited at the end with their daughter. Although it's annoying that they show Angelica only at times when they want to manipulate us into rooting for TiBette.

This episode wasn't as funny, but the drama was great. I am looking forward to next week's episode!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.