Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Crikey!

Season 1, Episode 13: Limb From Limb

Bette and Kit are at Bette's Office at the CAC. Kit and Ivan stopped by to bring Bette food from Real Food Daily, a restaurant that caters to picky, vegetarain health food nuts like myself. As Kit is about to throw away the bag, Bette comments on her interaction with Ivan:

Bette: Can I talk to you for a second?
Bette: Wanna tell me what you're doing?
Kit: I was taking out the trash.
Bette: No, with her. She's madly in love with you, you know.
Kit: No he's not, we're friends, he helps me out with stuff.
Bette: That's because she is in love with you, and she wants to be your husband.
Kit: No, it's not like that.
Bette: Kit - believe me. You may not be able to read the signals, but they're there. I saw the way she looks at you, she is fully courting you old school, and you're letting her.
Kit: Oh, is that so!
Bette: Yeah. It is.
Kit: Well, thank you for the lessons of the ritual mating habits of the indigenous lesbians. Maybe next week we'll do butch and femme role-play -

Then Ivan comes in, takes Kit by the arm, carries her bag for her, and Bette rolls her eyes as they leave.

I love how Pam Grier delivered that last line with the right amount of sarcasm. And since I'm not too keen on the word "lesbian"--it just sounds so alien-like--I like how Kit sounds like she's narrating a show on Animal Planet.