Monday, April 9, 2007

Rawwwrrr!

"The L Word," Season 2, Episode 3: Loneliest Number

Bette is at the CAC, and Franklin, her asshole boss, is reminding her that she needs to secure funds from Helena Peabody. And in the middle of this conversation, she gets a phone call from Mr. Green, the guy whose car she it.

Franklin: Yes, but Peggy Peabody is stepping down. And, uh, her daughter Helena is taking over. Could be a whole new ballgame. Bad news, is, we don't know what Helena Peabody has in mind. Good news is that she's one of your people.
Bette:
One of "my people"?
Franklin:
Mm-hmm.
Bette:
What are you referring to, what, is she a Yale graduate, an art history major, is she a mulatto gal, is that what you're trying to say?
Franklin: I meant she's a lesbian.
Bette:
And why is that a good thing?
Franklin:
Because I thought your paths might have crossed. It could be useful.
Bette:
Right. Because me and (makes air quotes) my people, we're all on a first-name basis.
Franklin:
May I suggest you get on one? Because if we lose that grant -
Bette:
Franklin, if you want me to go to New York and make nice, I will. But please, stop panicking. I'll handle it.
James:
Uh, excuse me. Uh, there's a Brad Green on the phone. He's called like fourteen times.

Bette: (phone) What part of "no" don't you understand, Mr. Green? I am not going to write you a blank check just because you yell like a fucking banshee. I need an estimate. The insurance company needs an estimate, do you see a pattern here, it's the way things are done.

Bette: (listens) Listen, you asshole, if you keep pushing me, you're gonna end up with a lawsuit on your hands, you got it? (listens) Bring it on, you fucking dwarf.

Sigh, I love angry AlphaBette. She makes being angry so funny and endearing. And I like how she calls herself a "mulatto gal."

Have I mentioned how I miss seasons 1 and 2?

No comments: