Friday, July 6, 2007

"Gay girls luuv cats. That is SO gay!"

I realized that I need my "gay fix" on an almost daily basis: I need to check SloGreenX's blog, I need to listen to some Kelka, I need to maintain this blog, etc. If I don't, then I feel off center and like everyone else in the world is straight. Right now I have two queer friends that I hang out with in person. I'm working on increasing that number; I don't exactly have a shortage of het friends. I know there's a lot more to a person than their sexual orientation, but I just want a balance of friends to express all facets of myself with.

In an attempt to get a free, convenient "gay fix," I watched "Mulholland Drive." And, being the idiot that I can be, I confused David Lynch (the director of "Mulholland Drive" with David Fincher (the director of "Fight Club"), so I expected it to be good. The plot mostly confused me, and I might have been willing to watch it again if the lesbian storyline wasn't aggravating. It came out of nowhere, and it wasn't very believable. But it still made me want to cry (gay woman falls for straight woman who messed around with her and then flaunts her heterosexuality in gay woman's face).

A few days later, I saw "But I'm a Cheerleader." This is an awesome film! It's hilarious, realistic, and sweet. And Clea DuVall is totally growing on me; she looked pretty yummy in that black, collared shirt (this sentence is responsible for the "I'm SO queer tag" for this post).

No comments: