Friday, July 20, 2007

Mostly Minutiae

  • I watched "Bend it Like Beckham" for the second time with a friend. I didn't appreciate the humor as much the first time. And the first time, I thought Keira Knightley was hot. But my friend pointed out that she's attractive until she talks; she has odd teeth. She could stand to gain a few pounds, and watching her dance was not doing it for me. And this was before she started pumping her lips with collagen. My tastes are changing.
  • This Sunday, the same friend and I, inspired by "Bend it like Beckham," are going to chill and kick a soccer ball around. She jokingly referred to it as "dyking it out." So if a girl wants to be athletic, it's automatically GAY? How two-dimensional. I know that she knows better, but I still found it unsettling. Why can't people be interested in what they're interested in and not be labeled?
  • I don't understand what people of any political party would have against adding LGBT people to the Hate Crimes Bill. Whether you accept them or not, discriminated minorities need protection. What's so complicated about this? I'm not politically savvy, so perhaps I'm missing something.
  • I want to get into "Queer as Folk" and watch hot men make out. And I hear the storylines, unlike another certain gay-themed show, are consistently good.
  • I don't know how to explain the appeal of two men kissing. It's just hot. End of story.
  • Speaking of which, I saw two rather burly men holding hands the other day. It was also hot.

No comments: