Thursday, July 12, 2007

Laughter is the Only Human Way to Pray

I've had several incidences when people have stared at me for lookin' like a damn fool as I laugh while listening to Kelka's podcast. I'll be on the train or walking around the city, and someone will give me a questioning, amused, or judging look. I usually don't laugh too loud, but it's hard to be expressionless when you listen to them. And I know several other Kelkians have had this happen to them.

Some people will ask me about it. Here's what a recent conversation I had with a middle-aged stranger went like:

Man: What's so funny?
Me: Oh, nothing. I was just listening to a podcast on my iPod...it's like a radio show.
Man: I see. What's it about?
Me: Ummm...nothing?
Man: Nothing?
Me: Well, it's two women who podcast about...TV shows they like, and they sometimes just talk about nothing in particular, and it's really funny.
Man: Well, you were laughing pretty hard there. They must know how to make something out of nothing.

Indeed they do! Whether they know it or not! I didn't see much point in explaining that the podcast is a lesbian couple talking about a lesbian show (and nothing).

I'll end my homage to the Kelkians with some recent blasphemous quotes:

Green [talking to a Jesus doll]: Jesus, should I eat pussy?
Jesus Doll: *nods*

KC: [during her birthday podcast] It's a humongous card, and it's got cupcakes all over it, and it's got a picture of Jesus fucking a unicorn in the neckhole. That's so thoughtful!

Me: Lord Krishna would be great in bed. He seems like the type of god who would fuck your brains out.
Friend: Aw hell yeah. All many-mouthed and shit.
Me: Hah! I didn't even think of that. Damn.

No comments: