Thursday, January 3, 2008

Episode 501: "LGB Tease"

I'm so lame. I criticize the deterioration of The L Word, but when I discovered episode 501 on youtube, I literally squealed with joy. I can't be objective the first time I see a new episode because I get so excited about there being a new episode, and I keep expecting it to be good like it used to be. Whatever. They're baaack! Here are my thoughts:
  • I.hate. Jenny. She's not a creative artist; she's a self-indulgent cunt with no control over her obese, gluttonous ego.
  • Bette looked damn fine, especially at the beginning.
  • Jodi did not. I do like how she challenges Bette, but, bleh, I want TiBette back!
  • I think it's interesting that Max decided to not get top surgery because he feels like he's enough of a male without it (if I was an FTM, I wouldn't get my boobs cut off because I'd HATE to lose sensitivity there). I wish they could have explored that further.
  • Alice is so fucking cute! Leisha Hailey is the cutest lesbian EVAR!
  • I didn't like how Alice was a bit mean to Max. That's not something Alice would say; Ilene just put that in there to insert some conflict between lesbians and FTM's.
  • It was funny to see TiBette getting competitive over how diverse they are with a gay couple since they all want to get their kids into private school.
  • Shane's odd hair is tolerable, but I don't think she's quite as hot or charismatic as she used to be. I liked her jacket with the diagonal zippers though. I want one of those. I hope her character doesn't revert back to just being a slut all the time though.
  • I'm glad Tina is back in with the group. Her facial expressions were funny, and I sort of felt bad for her. Then I remembered how she fucked Bacne Man in Bette's house.
  • Why did Tina randomly undo her bikini top? It was amusing to see Bette try not to get "boobie vision." I laughed out loud at the seductive music; it was a bit much.
  • I liked the Gossip remix playing when first they showed Helena in prison.
  • When Alice got a knock on the door and it ended up being Tasha, I thought it was going to be the ghost of Dana. But seeing Alice and Tasha kiss is good too.
  • If Paige was the one who set Shane's workplace on fire, then Paige is a crazy bitch that Shane shouldn't have lived with in the first place. Plus, I was getting tired of seeing how disproportionate they look. They really do look like mother and child, especially when Paige (all huge and voluptuous) bent down to kiss Shane (puny and adolescent-like) on the cheek.

No comments: