Monday, January 21, 2008

Episode 503: "Lady in the Lake"

Opening scene: I laughed out loud. If only those "gaydar guns" really existed.

Bette: She needs to dump Jodi's ass pronto. "Fuck David Hockney"? I happen to like David Hockney and this painting of his. Jodi isn't worth it. And that friend of Jodi's seemed to be trying to deliberately piss Bette off. I always love watching Bette in conflict: either she maintains her composure admirably, or she hilariously loses her shit. They're clearly trying to show growing differences between Bette and Jodi to make room for the inevitable TiBette re-fuck session.

Alice: Her unrealistic job is...getting on my nerves. Why does she continue to be a bitch to Max? It's not like her character to do that. In fact, I would have thought she'd have found him attractive since she hinted at that possibility in season 3. I really don't like to see Leisha act bigoted like that.

Max: He should find a job where he isn't treated like shit. And he should fuck Tom. They aren't giving his character enough time. Surprise surprise.

Tasha: Similarly, she should find a career where her identity isn't despised. Big duh here. And she should fuck Alice more often. I have no idea if they're portraying "Don't Ask Don't Tell" accurately. My guess is they aren't.

Kit: The voice of the guy who robbed her sounded like the Manny to me. I'm probably wrong, but that's the first thought that popped up into my head.

Tina: I'm glad she finally got laid. Wow, um, that sex scene was uh...filled. I'm not sure I'd fuck a woman who got an augmentation. But I guess Tina can't be too picky at this point. I felt slightly dirty watching that...not in a good way I think this season is overcompensating for the dry spells from last season. It's not BAD, but it's very obvious.

Shane: It's cute she's trying to be celibate, but everyone knows that's as futile as her trying to marry Carmen. I didn't like seeing Shane embarrassing herself on (literally) Helena. It'd be so great to see Carmen come back and witness a conversation between her and Shane.

Helena: Wow, go Helena. I hope she and Dusty run off into the sunset. I didn't like Peggy as much in this episode as I have in the past.

More happened in this episode, but it still felt transitional. It was enjoyable, and I liked some of the music. But I'm not feeling "L Word fuzzies" right now either.

No comments: