Sunday, December 28, 2008

Final days

Here are some random highlights of 2008:

I became a more grateful-for-the-little-things-type of person.

I created a Kelkian.

I learned that I can survive without regular new Kelka podcasts.

I discovered the genius that is Dan Savage.

I voted for the President-elect.

I finally just embraced those odd things on my body that people refer to as "curves."

On a related note, I admitted that I can look good in dresses (silently and to myself). This, however, does not meat that I intend to wear a dress unless it's absolutely necessary.

I realized the type of person I truly want to be and the type of happiness that I want to live in.

I spent quality time with almost everyone who means something to me.

I let go of several things that I didn't think I was ever capable of letting go.

I finally learned to stop investing myself in pretty bitter boys.

I got a new friend into Six Feet Under and made a new friend who is already into Six Feet Under and consequently tripled my number of Six Feet Under buddies.

2008 has given me many challenges that I'm proud to have gotten through without turning into a bitter, depressed cynic. And while 2009 is just a petty line imposed on the ever elusive concept of time, I'm thinking that this year will kick ass.

No comments: