Thursday, December 11, 2008

Take it on the other side

So maybe the Governor of Illinois is corrupt (and looks like a ventriloquist dummy), Prop 8 passed, the economy is in the toilet, and Barack Obama really has yet to prove himself.

Maybe it will be a loooong time before gay marriage is legal in this country.

Maybe 2008 has been quite humbling and difficult for me, and it's pushed my awareness to a place with fewer lines. And a part of me doesn't care much about things like making money, eating, or if I'll achieve anything significant (no, I'm not depressed--far from it).

Maybe Kelka will record their last podcast ever this year.

In spite of all this, I'm keepin' the faith about 2009. I'm choosing optimism. I'm knowing optimism.

And maybe I'm as wrong as Rod Blagojevich.

No comments: