Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Riddle Me This

So at the end of Episode 113 of the Savage LoveCast, a guy called in asking why some lesbians find masculinity in women attractive. Why would they go for a "fake guy" when they could have a "real guy"?

I kinda wanted to hear Dan's educated guess, but I can understand why a gay man wouldn't want to speak for gay women. So he invited lesbian listeners to call in with their input for the next podcast. Hmm...perhaps this is my chance to hear my own voice aired in Podcastland!

I obviously cannot speak for everyone, but I think there are some gay women who like masculinity, but they like girly parts and dislike all dick-related dalliances. This implies a separation between gender role expression and anatomy. And, like I've said before, it can be a pleasant surprise to uncover a beautiful feminine body underneath a heap of boyish or gender-neutral clothing.

As for my personal tastes, I don't like extremes in anyone...men or women who are too masculine or feminine don't do it for me because I see them as too one-sided. A bit of masculinity in a woman makes her more three-dimensional and interesting. If she seamlessly combines two opposing hormonal interfaces, then the result is worth purchasing.

Playing with gender can be hot...not just because it's unconventional, but because it's like a bit of a confusing mindfuck that makes less room for labels and assumptions. Granted, there are plenty of styles that one can have, but it gets boring to see girls present themselves so similarly.

No comments: