Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No More Shadowy Corner Sex for You!

I really miss seasons 1 and 2 of "The L Word." There were good quotes from seasons 3 and 4, but I just don't feel like recording them yet. So, I'll be sticking to Kelka quotes for a while...

The Planet Podcast, Episode 406: Luck Be a Lady

Kelka are discussing when Bette and Jodi have sex for the first time. There were several things wrong with the scene: they fucked before the first date, Bette cried to Jodi (we understand that it's because she's experienced so much loss in the past year, but Jodi doesn't know that), and the unrealistic scene was shot at too much of a distance. (I will say, however, that I liked the music for that scene--"Silver" by Bonobo).

Elka: I think Bette shoulda taken a minute to get to know this woman before she cried in her arms..and had...
KC: Yeah!
Elka: ...shadowy corner sex in a warehouse!
KC: Uh, that was totally unhot...
Elka: Beneath a pile of blankets!
KC: I was like, "What the fuck, is this the PBS Lesbian Sex Show?"
Elka: I'm not convinced that they had sex.
Elka: They coulda just been playing Patty Cake up there.
Elka: I don't even know if that was them!
KC: That was a weird position anyway. They really looked like they were sitting on different chairs. What were they sitting on? A piece of currogated...what the fuck? That didn't look to cozy to me. I think it was supposed to be artsy. All I could think of was having sex inside a refridgerator.
Elka [seductive, pretentious voice]: Let's make love on the art.

That last line by Elka is classic; it's humor cannot quite be captured in writing. But, yeah, "The L Word" did a lot of weird sex scenes this season, and the "shadowy corner sex" was just one of them.

No comments: