Monday, May 14, 2007

You Mean It Opens the Garage?

The Planet Podcast, Off Season: KidneyDome

Kelka are discussing whether or not LonelyGirl15 is fake. At the beginning of the podcast, KC thought she was real, and Elka thought she was fake. KC admitted to wanting to believe she was real because they're cute, sweet kids. They discussed the arguments for both sides, and, out of nowhere, KC saw the light and found Jesus:

KC: Oh my god, it's totally fake!
Elka: It's fake!
KC: It's COMPLETEY fake; we are idiots!
Elka: I'm telling you it's fake! I'm not an idiot!
KC: [freaking out] What? No, you bought it at first! We both were like, "They're so sweet, bluh bluh bluh." We are so stupid!! I just realized we are idiots. I'm supposed to see through this stuff! This is the stuff that I'm supposed to create!
Elka: Your company invented viral marketing! The biggest viral marketing campaign ever. That you were a part of.
KC: Yeah.
Elka: And YOU missed this one!
KC: You're totally right! OH MY GOD!! I feel so...I feel like such an idiot! It's completely fake!! It's totally fake! It's so blindingly apparent to me now.
Elka: Oh come on, you're overreacting.
KC: No, I'm not!!
Elka: I'm telling you! I've been telling you for days!
KC: I know, and I was like, "Nah, it's a stupid internet rumor." And now I completely, all of a sudden it's hit me. It's so clean and smooth around the edges. How can you mistake it for anything else? Oh my god.

One minute later...

Elka: Wait a minute. I think it's real.
KC: [pleading with whiny rage] I hate you! I'm gonna strangle you!!

I LOVE how Elka just drove KC mad by slowly convincing her that her cute little illusion was fake, and then changing her mind a minute later. I'd say it's a bit of karma for all those "Marco Polo's" KC pulled. ;)

1 comment:

AKH said...

That was great. I need to go back and start listening to the podcasts from the beginning again. Since it will probably be a while before we get another podcast, I am going to start going through withdrawals.