Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"And when you get the body you want, who is going to live inside it?"

(The sweet quote is from season 3 Jenny to Max when he was being a douchebag about NEEDING top surgery NOW NOW NOW).

If you get enough girls together, it's almost statistically inevitable that one will find some passive-aggressive way to voice her insecurity about her weight. I've become increasingly aware of this in the past year, and it's consequently become increasingly annoying. I feel like I'm too old for this.

I'm also pretty sure that the one female on this planet who hates my guts hates me because, unlike her, I'm slim and perky. I wanted to like her. It's a long, stupid story that doesn't merit a telling. But am I supposed to apologize for the fact that I watch what I eat? Am I supposed to apologize for having a smaller frame (which, by the way, has its cons)?

Fuck no! There are plenty of ways in which we will not match up to The [Subjective] Ideal of Physical Perfection. Dwelling on it and allowing oneself to feel perpetually inadequate is a waste.

Conversely, I recently realized that men are expected to be tall and buff. You'd think I'd be more aware of this since the last three males I de-clothed with were tall and ripped....and I liked it. Maybe it's because most people are just naturally taller and stronger than I am anyways.

But I've been hanging out with a guy who is on the scrawnier side, and he was mentioning how he doesn't work out. And in my head I thought, Ohhh, so men have to WORK to look like my ex's. They don't just automatically come like that. INteresting...

Nothing gets past me!

I do prefer manly men who have streaks of femininity and emotional availability. And I LOVE being significantly shorter; then they can toss me around like a play toy. Yum...

But Scrawny Boy is like me: physically weak but mentally strong. He appears to be one of those...happy people. Happy people are like aliens and the Loch Ness monster: many wonder if they really exist. And that more than compensates for his lack of biceps.

No comments: