Friday, November 7, 2008

Girlness

One: I've been deferring the whole "get a purse" movement for a while now. I'm starting to think it's getting to be time to consider investing in a dykey purse or a girly wallet. I'm kinda outgrowing my piece-of-shit duct-tape wallet. Chalk it up to my taking one more step towards playing for the Estrogen Team.

Two: One would think that a Pro-Boob female with Boob Ego such as myself would enjoy bra shopping. Well, I don't. Unless I'm motivated by showing a particular type of bra to a particular type of person.

Three: My friend (whom I am hoping to roommate it up with soon) and I were talking about the value of your close female friends and how they get your back during the tough times. And then we discussed the ideal of living with a close female friend and getting support and compaionship from her while dating other people "on the side."

Perhaps it's like the female, same-sex version of the fag hag relationship? There is a primacy attached to the friendship, but it doesn't have to be neurotic or possessive. Maybe I just am not too keen on the idea of living with a man.

Speaking of fag hags, I thoroughly enjoy indulging a bit of the inverse of the fag hag relationship: gay girl + straight guy = fun girlish guy talk about girls. It's a unique type of comfort and rapport.

No comments: