Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Duh

I'm thinking about the comment my friend made to a previous post. And that's when I had a Big Duh Moment: no one should have to apologize for who they are or what they feel (as long as it involves two consenting adults-- again, I've seen waaay too much Law and Order SVU).

(And as long as they don't go out of their way to oppress other people, e.g. the pro-Prop 8 Mormons)

It's like I replaced the overly judgemental, internalized homophobic voice with an overly judgemental, internalized ACLU representative. And I make myself the prime target/enemy.

The truth is that minorities and people who swim against any sort of massive, social current can be just as bigoted as any Prop 8 prick.

SO! No more apologizing for being a currently straight'ish, Xena-loving, slim, tomboyish blowjob queen!

No comments: