Friday, February 8, 2008

Confessions Cont'd

1) I think I have a non-sexual crush on a co-worker. I thought the non-sexual crushes would go away when I finally accepted my own gayness. But I find myself looking forward to talking to her and making sure I look presentable for her; I feel 15 again.

Maybe this crush is non-sexual because she's married and at least ten years older than I am. But we have a lot in common, and I like her sense of style. She has also said some gay-friendly things. But doing her conjures up awkward mental pictures. Ah well, I might as well just roll with it.

2) I think I sort of have "Boob Ego" (no, I'm not trying to coin another lame term like "Nipple Confidence"). They're not ginormous, but anytime they show boobs on the show, I think, "Pfft, mine are better. " I'm a bitch; I totally thought this when they showed Helena's. I will not, however, pretend to think that mine are in the same league as Tasha or Alice's.

3) I kind of don't want The L Word to be renewed for a 6th season. I love life during Kelka/Riese season, but I just don't see much potential for engaging storylines to sustain us for another full season. I could be wrong.

And a part of me feels surprised that the show has continued on for two seasons AFTER the season in which they fucked so much up (der, season 3). I'd be sad when the show ends, but it might be best for them to end on a decent note than to drag things out.

2 comments:

Suzanna said...

I agree about the 6th season. They have already recycled several story lines. And with "Lez Girls" this season... I don't know.

I love the show. I think it's done. Kind of sad to admit.

I'm still loving this season, though. It's great.

ShaneMo said...

Yeah, this would be a good season to end with.