Monday, February 11, 2008

Episode 506: "Lights! Camera! Action!"

Opening Scene: It was amusing, but I'm tired of the Lez Girls storyline. It's not a strong enough storyline to take up this much of the season.

Tasha: Um, she looked hot with that hair. God damn. I'd like to see her try to make it work with Alice though. Even though they do have their disagreements.

Alice: Even though I haven't been a big Alice fan this season, I felt bad for her when she was alone crying over the breakup. She's just so irresistibly cute.

Jenny: I had to laugh the moment Adele put Nicorette into Jenny's mouth. I'm wondering if the fact that Nikki is a closeted lesbian actor is supposed to indicate that Mia Kirshner might be at least bi?

Adele: I have NO idea what she's up to. I'm curious.

Kit: Her gun obsession is a bit creepy. Understandable, but creepy.

Max: Why does he have to walk with such a lame, dorky gait? Why can't he get a better haircut? He's such a cutie, but they don't optimize on his looks enough.

Shane: Shane is dreeeamy with glasses. Sigh. Dawn Denbo is obnoxious and abrasive, but I find her entertaining. Shane's taste in women is getting worse though. Dawn and Cindy are both just gross.

Tina: I like how she initiated an interaction with Bette by coming over and by being the first one to make the move. Their first sex scene was fine until they started the lame ass "dirty" talking again.

Bette: I liked what she was wearing when she was cooking. It was cute and in character. I liked seeing her be a bit more vulnerable. Even though I love bitchy, bossy Bette. I could feel her impatience with Phyllis though; Phyllis needs to stop using Bette and Jodi as the Lesbian Welcome Wagon.

TiBette: They're clearly trying to show the ways in which both women have become more well-rounded since season one: Tina is more assertive and has her own career. Bette isn't as controlling or career-centric (partly symbolized by her cooking).

I like how they just panned to the bedroom to their second sex scene. It was reminiscent of their first sex scene in the pilot. And it looked more reciprocal. It was hot. It looks like they might do a decent, somewhat realistic job of these two getting back together. Or not.

Jodi: Of course Jodi martyrs herself for Bette to make their pending breakup that much harder for Bette to initiate. Ahh, the drama

Questions:
-Why was everyone saying "It's on!!"? These are adults here.
-Why doesn't Lover Cindy just level with Dawn?
-Why did the writers of the show think it'd be interesting to recycle season 1?
-Why is Dana dead?
-How many licks does it take to get to the center of Tootsie Roll pop?


No comments: