Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Episode 505: "Lookin' At You Kid"

Opening Scene: I still haven't decided how I feel about this whole "movie within a movie" thing. I'm going to try to reserve judgement until the season is over. Is Ilene trying to passively-aggressively tell us what it was like to create The L Word? Or is it just a display of her ability to laugh at herself? I laughed (in my head) when I saw the actor playing Nina; she seemed like the token out lesbian in the cast who probably has something with a rainbow on it.

Alice: My negative feelings towards her are growing; I hope it doesn't get to a point where her bitchiness blocks the cuteness receptors in my brain. The whole story about the gay basketball player making public, homophobic statements is kinda forced and unrealistic. I see Alice's point in pointing out his hypocrisy, but she clearly didn't consider the consequences it'd have for Tasha. And who the fuck is she to be so self-righteous? She can't even treat Max with respect.

Shane: I'm getting bored with her screwing every chick again. I think Lover Cindy is kinda gross, but I'll admit she has a nice body (are her boobs real though? Her flat ass certainly is). I'm surprised Shane isn't skeptical of Adele too; she's usually perceptive when it comes to reading people. And Katherine Moennig could really stand to gain ten pounds. She looks better clothed.

Max: Sub-par dancing skills aside, I thought Max was looking kinda cute this episode. I'm sick of everyone treating him like shit. I'd expect it from Jenny, but not Shane. Max totally has the skills to find another job, move out, and make awesome, queer friends who will treat him well. But why would he do that? He has to be a puppet in Ilene's PSA on how the "T's" in "GLBT" aren't treated well.

Jenny: She and Nikki are actually cute together. But I had to laugh when they started to get it on: OF COURSE, Jenny, the narcissistic Princess of Darkness, would have sex with an actress playing herself in her own movie.

Tina: She looked pretty irritated with Bette when Bette started her classic routine of unloading on Tina.

Bette: I enjoyed her defensiveness at the party. It was well-written and very Bette. But I'm glad she acknowledged that there might be some truth to what "Bella" was saying.

TiBette: Okay, they clearly both want each other back. And that whole routine at the end where Tina gets too drunk and Jodi takes her home was a bit too obvious and predictable. But that's okay; it comes with the genre.

The Party: That definitely made me want to dance and giggle. It was very cute.
The Music: I like!
The Nakedness: I know many will probably disagree with me, but I think it's a bit excessive. It's too intentional. But whatever, it's a minor complaint.

No comments: