Sunday, February 17, 2008

In Between Worlds

A few months ago, I happpened to have a conversation with a girl who also identifies as bi. She was a few years younger than I am, and she was engaged. We weren't exactly in the most open of forums, but somehow gayness came up, and we started talking openly.

She may have been young, but she was smarter than she looked: she sorta looked like an Asian Jessica Alba. She was telling me how she and her fiancee are swingers: they have threesomes all the time, they go to swingers parties, and they're working on setting up a new community. At first, my response was something along the lines of, "Daym! You go girl! Way to put a dent in heterosexual monogamy!"

Then I started probing her further to find out how bi she really is. She said she's only interested in having sex with girls and with sharing them with her fiancee. She could never see herself emotionally attached to one. I guess one could call her 75% straight. On some level, these types annoy me, but they can't help who they are. Sometimes I think I could be 75% gay.

It was then that I realized that she almost gets the best of both worlds: she's happily in a relationship with a guy, but she still gets to sleep with girls, and no one gives her crap about it because she's closeted.

That sounds dirty to me. Is that really the best of both worlds? I should hope not.

2 comments:

Eve said...

No.

"Bisexual" just means that: you can have sex or sexy feelings with/for both. There's no good term for those of us who can has feelings for persons of whatever gender.

Except, you know, queer.

ShaneMo said...

Yeah. True.

Miss you.