Saturday, June 23, 2007

Holy Kelka!

I started watching "The L Word" about a year ago. I rented the DVD's 1) to revel in Katherine Moennig's hotness and 2) because I had watched a season 1 episode with an ex. No, he actually liked the show for the writing and not for the girl-on-girl action; he probably doesn't watch it anymore because the show has neither of these things anymore. Anyways, I thought it was funny at the time, so one day I randomly made a trip to Blockbuster.

Little did I know that I would get completely sucked into the drama. Within a week, I had watched all of seasons 1 and 2 on DVD. Then I found Kelka's podcast last August, and the rest is a history with a lot of laughing. Gay laughing.

It's amazing how much a TV show and a podcast can affect your life. They've both helped me feel less alone and more in touch with myself.

Slo and Green are a prime example of being affected: I recently learned that they're moving in together. That is so fucking awesome! I can't think of a better love story: the idea of two cute gay girls meeting through two of the funniest gay girls (and people, for that matter) alive fills me with warm fuzzies.

Warm fuzzies!

Nipple cupcakes!

1 comment:

AKH said...

I'm with you all the way. Even if the show isn't as good as it used to be, it has given me a sense of community. Kelka have filled in all the rest of the gaps.