Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Humor Me

The Planet Podcast, Episode 306: Lifesize

Kelka are discussing partner health benefits, and they share a story that made me smile:

Elka: Do you remember that time I had to take you to the Emergency Room KC?
KC: Which time?
Elka: The time when you cut your hand on that piece of glass?
KC: [joking] Yeah, and you were like, "How many stitches did she get?" And they were like [mocking serious professional voice], "We can't release that information."
Elka: I know [fake laughs]. No, actually, um, I had to take KC to the Emergency Room to get stitches, and I was trying to be all supportive and stuff. FIRST of all, KC's, her thumb is like hanging by a flap of skin, blood is like spurting out, and she's like, "Oh, it's fine, I'll just put some duct tape on it! I'll just get a bandaid; I'll be fine."
KC: I still don't think I needed stitches.
Elka: You obviously needed [giggles].
KC: So anyway, what happened was Elka came in the room while they were..all they were doing was cleaning it, and you started to, like, wobble.
Elka: [laughs]
KC: And the nurse was like, "Um, you need to leave the room because you're gonna pass out."
Elka: [laughs] I was trying all supportive and like, "I'll go with you and hold your hand, don't be scared." I took one look at it and I had to leave!
KC: You looked unwell.

So cute! I recommend listening to it for the amusing voices. I love how they can take a serious issue (e.g. inequality in insurance) and tell a story or joke to make you laugh about it.

No comments: