Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Oh, Jenny

So I cheated from my so-called hiatus from watching seasons 1 and 2. I blame youtube. And I totally forgot about one of the funniest guest characters: Annette. She was Jenny's friend and randomly visited her. Jenny ended up telling her the story with Marina. They discussed sexuality, and then they go find Marina so Annette can see what she looks like. I liked Annette's bold sense of humor; they should totally bring her back in season 5 to give Jenny some tough love so Jenny will stop being a self-absorbed cunt.


"The L Word," Episode 108: Listen Up

Annette's way of asserting her sexual preferences made me laugh:

Annette: So, Jen, were you always a lesbian?
Jenny: I never said I was a lesbian.
Annette: So it just... came outta nowhere and bit ya on the ass? Just like that? Because I mean, y'know, I love women. Yeah, for companionship, I figure I could do without the company of men entirely. Except, dude, can't get down with the puss. I love a dick!

Then they discuss Marina's girlfriend:

Annette: What's the girlfriend's name?
Jenny:
Francesca Wolff.
Annette:
Oh, barf.

Then they hide outside The Planet to catch a glimpse of Marina:

Annette: See, all I can see right now is her butt. Which is nice for a girl, but you know, I'm not an expert in women's asses. C'mon. Turn around.
Jenny: Please...
Annette: (after seeing Marina) Wow. Wow.
Jenny: Can we go now?
Annette: No, no, keep your panties on, seriously. I'm trying to wrap my head around... I just, I wanna ask you something.
Jenny: What?
Annette: You had sex with that woman?
Jenny: Please?
Annette: You slept with that woman?
Jenny: Please?
Annette: Did you go down on her? And everything?
Jenny: Please.
Annette: No, this is important. Do girls still look pretty when they're getting eaten out?
Jenny: Okay...
Annette: Because guys are just so dorky when you're giving them blowjobs.

Yeah, uh, there's some truth to that.

1 comment:

AKH said...

OH I totally forgot about Annette. I loooooooove her too. That would be great to bring her back and Peggy Peabody more often in the next season.

That friendship was soo believable and so funny. We all need an Annette.